Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Time flys when your having fun

And I did take a flight, and I did have fun !
Took a brief hiatus from it all and headed down the coast of central Mexico. Weather was hot and even had some down pours but I really didn't care. I swam everyday and it was awesome. I jacked my back up the very first morning I was there by nothing more than bending over to move a chair.
If I was one to have a prone back issue, I guess this would be acceptable. But I'm not that guy and I was very pissed. It still is aggravated to this day and I'm hoping it passes completely very soon.

We returned from 5 days gone and I have only been able to get out on the bike 1 day for 40 miles. It was great to just head out with no agenda and ride for 40 miles at whatever pace I wanted.
Tonight will be my first time back to racing and I'm going in with no real expectations. Still hurt, with only 40 miles of training in 9 days. I just hope my lungs hold out, lol !
I certainly hope this doesn't happen.   

Either way I'm looking forward to getting back into the mix. I was very disappointed that I couldn't get in a couple of runs on my vacation. I was lucky I was able to swim, and fortunate that it actually relieved the pressure on my back when I did.
With that said, it's good to be home. I'm kind of a schedule person, and I like to stay on that schedule.
But it is that time of year where I get my son for a couple of months straight. Although he lives close and we have the weekly and every other weekend arrangement, there is something to be said about him being there at our house everyday. This summer he has chose to focus on Kempo and he had hist first class last night. He did great and as usually he is naturally agile and adapted and picked up very quickly. The difference is this is the first activity/sport of many that he is exited about. That alone makes me exited.
I like the discipline they teach, I also like that they are graded and rewarded on there individual progression and without badges,trophies and medals. Now don't get me wrong I have always been a hardware whore, but he'll have plenty of time to grow into that.

Train hard,train smart, and be active.  

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. Order is restored in HB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took a flight .... now in your race, take a flyer. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to be back.

    p.s. I sucked last night ! end of story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, bummer about the back, but glad you enjoyed your trip.

    ReplyDelete