Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Big snakes, Big lizards and humping turtles

you heard it right. I took my son to a pet shop locally around our house. It is well known for having huge reptiles and exotic bugs,spiders etc.. Right up a boy of 10 1/2 ally. He was up and ready to roll by 10:00 and we weren't leaving to go until 12:00 or so.
They have huge Boa's and Anacondas amongst 100's of other species there. Massive Monitors and dragons etc..
I took a couple of shots, he took over 70.

This is some rhino monitor about 4 feet long.
My son by some huge coiled up beast, touted as the worlds largest ??

The place is pretty cool, it is the first time I had taken him there, and it had been over 12 years since I had gone in there. They now have kids birthday parties there (makes sense) and it cost $ 5.00 per person to walk through the entire store unless your there to purchase something.

As we got ready to leave we stopped once again at the water turtle tank where a water monitor also lives. He is about 6 feet long and I only seen he move once. He had a bunch of turtles climbing all over him. How miserable would that be. This is the best picture I got of him.
So at this point I'm ready to go and now looking for my son. There are kids everywhere because two birthday party groups have now arrived and kayos is starting to ensue. I here a bunch of loud kid laughter and jokes to my left, so I make my way around the pond to the large desert tortoise pen. Only to find two of the ten massive turtles having a go at it and about twelve 6-11 year olds viewing it. If that wasn't awkward enough, these thing make some LOUD grunting noise when there doing the deed of mating, and the male stands up pretty tall back there to get it done.On top of that my son has gone from taking pictures to now videoing this act of mother nature. Oh boy, now it's time to leave and I'm sure answer a few questions. He asked a few naive questions, but I got to say he is not fooling me much. I will be checking his YOUTUBE uploads closely over the next month. I can just see him doing it to see how many hit it gets. Damn technology,damn kids. I have no picture of this, but clearly he does.

My cold has gotten better, but it is holding on. My plan is to be on full alert this week and try and get at least 3 two a day workouts plus the normal. Focusing mostly on run, but sliding in some pool and at least 1 morning ride until this weekend.

post run with my son. I really haven't shaken this thing yet. I look deathly. But I did get some miles done. We just did about 6 here.

Hes happy to be home I feel like a congested mess.
today is 35 minutes core and 700 meter swim.

      

6 comments:

  1. (Insert large reptile joke here.)

    Nice going on getting the run in, sounds like an ambitious training plan for someone who is still ailing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to a few birthday parties at that joint. good stuff. Good on the run...if the clod is in your head, you still go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a similar turtle experience at the zoo. Turtles are very vocal lovers, for sure!

    Nice job getting in some miles despite feeling lousy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids knows more than he's letting on... ;)

    Glad to hear you're feeling better, ease back into it - don't get sick-er/again

    ReplyDelete
  5. If someone waved one of those reptiles behind my head, my pace would smoke all of you pros out there. I am terrified of the big lizards.

    Nice job on the run. Hopefully, this is the week that you fully recover.

    ReplyDelete