Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Belated Vallarta and other fun stufffffff

There is really no rhyme or reason, just ramblings and a mixed bag of tricks.
A week, no now 2 weeks ago. I got to get away for a few days in Nuevo Vallarta central Mexico. Having been down there many times we knew late June was a questionable weather time. But this is how the stars aligned and this is when we went.

90 degree weather with random showers was all the forecast said for weeks. So we set our minds that it would be what it was. For the most part the weather was cloudy, however we did have the occasional tropical shower. Except one day where we sat pool side at 10:00 a.m. and watched a down pour roll in.
We hung in the rain for about 30 minutes before finally retreating to the room to watch the show.

In reference to
This is a picture from our patio, and considering it was a 10 story hotel I felt pretty stoked to be pool side on a daily basis.It made for easy lunch digs for the kids, and easy cooler reloads :-)

 notice the person sitting pool side still, they are actually sitting in a big fat jacuzzi. It blew out later and the evening was quite awesome. It took that humid edge away.
I didn't take many pictures but my wife did some 200 plus photos.
Grandson and grandma before a relaxed dinner at this kick butt little Brazilian restaurant.
The kids had a blast with multiple tower water slides that looked like crocodiles and man made caves under a center Island of the pools. With some small 1'-2' surf another 100 yards out, we got to body board several days in 85 degree water with very little rip tide or high surf warning drama.

In reference to http://www.theroadmultisport.com/2011/07/metrosexual-triathlete-tip-of-week.html I actually had some growth going for a few days. Which is odd due to mid race season, but I was on vacation, and that meant from everything. I had no razor sharp tan lines, but there is and obvious difference to my butt white hairy quads. And no I don't only shave the lower legs, they all get the axe.

I won't lie, this was a cervesa induced picture here.


My wife would likely not be happy I put this up. After seeing it I'm not sure I am. But let's keep it real o.k.

My son gets out of school every year the day before his birthday. How ridiculously cool is that. So as usual a birthday cake and his niece that is only 3 years younger than him are making wishes.

I took all three kids to Knotts Berry Farm amusement park the day before we left for rides and junk food.
Now it's back to reality. The grand kids are back in Vegas and Eric is here spending time with us. We have signed him up for martial arts and he is as usual very agile and coordinated at it. Now I only say it that way, because the kid has mad skills at whatever he tries, the problem is nothing has stuck yet. With that said, he is probably as exited about this as I have ever seen him. So we'll keep our fingers crossed that it takes and he continues on some type of athletic quest for discipline and structure.

That's it, blew off the Tuesday night world criteriums due to getting payroll out to my employee's. I did manage to get up and get in a 28 mile ride this morning with light winds out and a bit of a nasty crosswind in. This kind of took me by surprise because usually if there is any wind that early it is a tailwind in, but not so much today. But it was still 70 degrees at 5:40 a.m. and sunny so I can't and won't complain. I was just blessed with the opportunity and ability to be out there.
I for one don't make to big of an issue about the shave or no shave thing. I can can only tell that it weighs my decision on the commitment of the other athlete in these said sports.

Train hard, train smart, be active. 

3 comments:

  1. If you were to line up next to my hairy legs at a race, you'd surely think I was a newbie .... and you'd be right. Sounds like you had a nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was in Mexico... with that view...

    I love the pictures that cervesas helps create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great trip and pics!
    martial arts training / skillset would transfer to MANY sports in future endeavours no?


    D

    ReplyDelete