Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Organized Kaos

This is what live is sometimes.
But we get done what we can, smile about the good, bury the bad and turn away from the ugly.

Wanting to stay consistent is my goal as of right now. I will push forward and try and support all  your wonderful efforts out there. While trying to post up and share the best I can.

Yesterday was busy and off of training. Work was busy and a full day.
 Had some fantastic crusted Mahi-Mahi and sauteed spinach for dinner.

That is all I have to say about that.

I woke up to an 5:55 alarm this morning. Tired and ready to reschedule my run for lunch. But to my surprise my wife bounced up, looked at me and said "what no ride, no run " ? 
I spewed off my lunch time excuse, rolled over to look outside and see sunshine. Damn, get up !

Literally, threw on a shirt, run shorts, socks and shoes. Grabbed my Garmin, kissed my wife and said short run, see you in 33 minutes.

I was out the door and hitting start run. 
I labored for 500-600 yards. Huffing and puffing with NO I-POD by design. I sound like a diesel out of the gate. Not the smoothest,quietest runner.
But I settled in at 9:20 pace and felt good. 
It was still going to be a short run, but I did extend it to an even 4 miles. 
It was really a beautiful morning and thankfully the sun rise is up earlier now. 
I upped my pace while out there, relying on the Garmin to keep steady. 
Run finished in just at 37 minutes. It felt good to run at any distance.

Train hard,train smart be healthy.  

5 comments:

  1. Good job to your wife for pushing you out of bed. :)

    The no ipod thing...at my last race I didn't use mine, partly because I was running late and partly to leave myself open to talking to people on the course (although I always run with just one earbud in)...I had to laugh at the sound of all my huffing and puffing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with being a diesel - more energy can be extracted from diesel as compared with the same volume of gasoline, so keep chugging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the I POD on the run.

    Kovas, I have no choice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect California workout session.

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days it's harder than other, but it's always worth it in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete