Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Good day, bad day ?

Today is a bit somber for me. I woke today knowing that @ 1:00 p.m. I will helping a very good friend and employee of mine bury his 10 month old daughter.
Sadly, she got what appeared to be a common cold 3 weeks ago, within two days it was determined croup (sp?) and 24 hours later she was transported to one of the premier children's hospitals in California, maybe top 10 in the United States. It all happened so quickly and within hours of her arrival there she had to be revived multiple times and put on life support. They did testing for about 4 days and determined it was time to bring her out of sedation and see what response they got. 18 hours later she was declared passed and there lives were further flipped and tossed.
I only share this for a couple of reasons.
1. I need to share it. It's been bottled up in me for a couple of weeks now. I have been running a couple of different donation campaigns for them locally here and that has kept my focus off reality. That all comes to a halt today.
2. In my run this morning I really felt the spirit of life just flowing with me this morning, and I was actually emotionally overwhelmed with what a blessing it is to be free to run, and ride and swim. And to do it all with joy and passion at whatever level that is to each of us.
My watch band broke within 400 yards of my start of what was supposed to be a timed and serious 10 k this morning. I laughed at it as I picked it up off the ground and kept going. I thought today baby Madison gets me through this run on fire ! And she did. I won't post a time because it really isn't important today but I will say it was the fastest and most inspiring run Ive ever had.

You are great people in so many ways and I really don't even know you ( YET). Lets keep living the dream ! And doing what we love with our families in tact and in tow.    

3 comments:

  1. CANNOT imagine losing one of my kids. Way to use her as an inspiration and reminder to be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awful, dude. I'm so sorry. And Kovas put it right as far as inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Im considering training runs with no tunes over the next 3 months....
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete